On the long and winding path down memory lane, with eyes wide shut and gold glitter on my fingertips, I run my fingers through the cracks of my heart. Every crack tells it’s own story of courage and hope, of sadness and greatness. Each, intent on imparting a lesson that only the unwise would ignore.
1. To live for today and love for tomorrow is the wisdom of a fool, for tomorrow is promised to no-one.
2. Live for today. Live in such a way that our regrets are never due to carelessness, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. Think about that for a second. Got it? Carry on 😊
3. Follow your heart, but take your head along with you always. They work better as a tag team.
4. Indulge your soul in a tango for two somewhere above the metaphoric clouds. Only in the solitude of empty spaces will you hear its favourite songs.
5. You can say ‘no’ and still be a good person. In fact, somewhere down the line, you might get a ‘thank you’.
6. Sometimes a ‘no’ will turn out to be a ‘yes’ in a roundabout way, and with the benefit of hindsight. A lesson is often a blessing in disguise.
7. You cannot miss what you do not have. For the days when your temper tantrum has to do with whether your tea was stirred anti-clockwise or not, remember that it was a kettle filled with water. Electricity enabled the boiling – a luxury that some will never know in a lifetime.
8. Everybody makes mistakes. We spend a lifetime learning. It’s fair to forgive yourself for indiscretions.
9. Everyone goes through the mistake recycle stage. Life will often allow a recurring situation until you learn the lesson it’s trying to teach you.
10. Never dim your light because it’s too bright for someone else. You could buy them sunglasses, but let that light shine always.
11. May your light guide your path of truth, and be of use too. When they try to stub out your light, you have more than enough in flames to burn that bridge. Burn it!
12. Home is where the heart is. Quite often, your heart will say: ‘not here’, ‘not this’, ‘not you’…
Trust the whispers of your soul, that’s Gods voice.
These are my favourite #unshakable truths for 2016. Join me in 2017 as we figure it out together. In the meantime, may we take our glittering gold clad cracks into the new year, safe in the knowledge that for all our cracks, we are imperfectly perfect.
Be unshakable. Be in truth with yourself. Love yourself.
Follow me on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest and Google+ for a daily dose of #UNSHAKABLE truths. My debut novel, Silent Symphonies, is the first in a series of books about real, raw and relevant emotion. This book is also the foundation of #UNSHAKABLE. If you would like to buy a copy of Silent Symphonies, please click here: